Old gasoline

It's normal NOT to have an air cleaner for both current models of Briggs and Stratton Snow engines as well as Tecumseh Snow King. I think the rational is that it would likely get clogged with snow/moisture/ice and it's not necessary since the air is remarkedly dust free when everything is covered with fresh snow.

That's fine but I like to run my engine during the off season every few months, and I don't like the idea of doing so without the cleaner, so I don't run it for very long and try to do so after it rains. There isn't any room for an air cleaner underneath the snow hood on my B&S Snow engine, other than that I could probably just get an air cleaner from a non-snow Intek engine. Anybody else have any ideas?

Reply to
Tom Warner

I would not worry about it, unless you run the engine during sand storms! I run mine a few times a summer too. I doubt that there is enough dirt in the air to cause a problem running a few minutes during the summer. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

I have an 8-year-old MTD snowblower with a Techumsa engine and it doesn't have an air filter either.

Reply to
Tom Miller

Didn't you mean "add it to your neighbor's truck"?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yes. During the witner, all the dirt and dust is covered by snow. Not a problem like summer time when you're whomping up the dust with a lawn mower.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

JUst think: You can use your snow thrower to shoot mouse parts at your hated neighbors.

Reply to
Stephen King

You don't need one. It doesn't run long enough to worry about it and it's not like a mower kicking up dust and such.

It takes a long time to draw in enough debris to cause engine damage. These old engines will also run on a quite a bit of engine wear before there is a problem. Most of the time it is only a fouled plug. The engines often outlast the blower anyway.

Kirb

Reply to
kirbseepe

Depends on the locale. Some locales have no drinking water supply that could be termed "ground water". Jeez, throw some common sense in the old gasoline dumping and where its going. Some anaerobic bacteria naturally eat raw petroleum, and peat/decaying plant material underground or underwater or both. Whatever is added to gasoline or oil can be problem for these.

Reply to
Jim

another

that

its

derived from

difference here

not paying for it.

"Derived from" is not "the same as". And they don't put MTBE in fertilizer. Maybe some plants may grow OK years after such contamination, but that doesn't mean they are good for me to eat. For you, maybe?

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Pretty weak response, Lil.

Reply to
Tom Miller

Don't you write horror movies?

"Night of the flying mouse parts.... hide under the bed and breathe through the sheets"

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Absolute baloney! No way there is 9 million gallons spilled filling small engines. That just is not true. Its phoney figures like this that make people question the entire motives of environmentalists. You paint a picture of people just slopping gas around like it was soapy water at a car wash.

Ah-ha! There's the agenda! got to prop up the numbers so you have a cause to fight. There's money in it dont cha know? Gument pays good dont they? Hey! how `bout we tax them dirty homeowners who're spilling all that gasoline?

Another wild claim - do the math! now we've got gas cans emitting almost more tons of pollution than they weigh in the first place and just by evaporation.

You want to clean things up? Go after the fools driving the "blue smokers" down the road. Stop with the wild-ass foolish claims that end up costing everyone money for nothing. Spin spin spin, you people sure do know how to spin and twist things. Eric

Reply to
Eric

You should recognize that name.. He post's nothing but crap... In alt.home.repair.. let someone mention a "hot water heater" and he comes alive.. He's an idiot that posts to quite a few newsgroups.. and never has anything on topic or useful to say.. Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

No, go after the fools that insisted on putting MTBE in the gasoline.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon