no grass on my lawn

were my dafodills grow on my lawn it is completley bare no grass grow
and its just soil should i put some grass seed down and will this affect
the dafodills thanks
Reply to
adrian1981
I've never seen dafodills growing up out of turf. Clearly the grass will compete with them for survival. Normally dafodills are in a flower/shrub bed.
Reply to
trader4
some people naturalize them in their lawns and then after the leaves have died back they mow it like a regular lawn again. you can do this with any of the spring flowering bulbs if they are hardy enough to survive competition with the grass roots for moisture.
if the OP wants grass to survive around the daffodils they would have to thin them out as they will crowd out grasses somewhat.
after a few years daffodils might come up too shallow and need to be replanted down deeper if turf is going to grow over.
songbird
Reply to
songbird
Actually, the bulbs prefer to be dry, so the grass consuming any excess water is doing them a favor. Naturalized bulbs can be a very cool sideshow before the grass gets rolling. By the time the bulb foilage yellows, it's about time to mow. At the worst case, one can do the first few mowings around the bulb foilage, to give it a bit of extra time to make food. Once mowed, the bulb foilage will quickly disappear, and the grass will overtake the area. You'll never know the bulbs are there, until next spring. =)
Reply to
Eggs Zachtly
Il 18/08/2011 17:28, adrian1981 ha scritto:
2 seconds ago, I was just reading something about it, wait a moment... ...here there are 2 articles from ACES-UIUC Illinolis, I think they could meet your needs:
-
Reply to
Ag.roma
I think you must take soil test of your garden so you get some appropriate reasons. Thanks for sharing such wonderful information with us...Keep sharing.
Reply to
AnnDLui

Site Timeline Threads