Lumpy Grass

Greetings! Two years ago I laid down Celebration Bermuda in my lawn. It is healthy and green for the most part but it grows very unevenly. It looks very "lumpy" . I mow twice a week to keep the faster growing patches from being scalped but the slower growing right next to it never seems catch up. Anyone come across this problem>