Low to No Light Lawn?

I have a HUGE Oak tree in my backyard which basically blocks all direct sunlight. I was wanting to sod sometime soon, is this going to be possible? I live in Santa Barbara, CA where the weather is pretty much perfect year round. Thanks!

Reply to
MEI

I would not use sod which is suited for full sun to partial shade and is not going to survive. Instead I would seed using a high quality shade tolerant mix.

Reply to
trader4

This sounds like just what I need.. Where would one aquire such seed? Is there a good on-line resource?? Many thanks..

Jeffrey

Reply to
MEI

On 12/23/2004 3:35 PM US(ET), MEI took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Any garden supply store, even Walmart, HD, or Lowes.

Reply to
willshak

no way to trim some of the lower branches to increase sunlight to the ground?

Reply to
effi