Lawn replanting question(s)

A couple years back I used an edger to carve a nice, clean lawn edge along my driveway and along the street. Over time, the crevice has grown larger and now accumulates sticks, stones, weeds, etc. Long story short, I want to fill it in and have grass grow there again.

Here's my plan. Tell me if it sounds reasonable. First, I'm going to take a hoe through it and clear it of all debris. Then I plan to fill it with a mixture of turf soil and grass seed and tamp it down to roughly the level of the existing turf.

Will that work or will the soil wash away with the first heavy rain? Also, is that something I can do this time of year (I live in Central Ohio) or should I wait until September?

Thanks...

Reply to
Dave Mikesell

Without seeing what it looks like, what the grade is, etc. this is difficult to answer. If there is a significant possibility of it washing away, then I would consider using one of the mat type products that combine seed in a blanket type of fabric. If you go with the seed approach, the seed should be on the top of the topsoil, or within the first 1/4 inch or so, not mixed in.

I'd do it first week in September, which should be ideal.

Reply to
Chet Hayes