Fertilizer for crape myrtles?

A complete general-purpose garden fertilizer -- such as 8-8-8, 10-10-10,

Reply to
Peter Pan

Thanks, just what I needed to know.

My crapes were about 5gal 2 years ago when I planted them. This year they're large but not putting off new growth as fast as before, also not as fast as the crapes in the medians of the roadways (obviously the city is doing right by them)

irrigation.

Reply to
Apropos

You do know that all blooms form on new growth, right? Little new growth means few blooms. That's why crepe myrtles need heavy pruning in the early spring.

I can usually get a second blooming season by pruning off the first blooms after they "do their thing", which stimulates new growth & new blooms. But then I live in zone 8 and wouldn't recommend it for higher zones.

Red

Reply to
Red

All purpose food is just what you needed to know? (fu set)

Reply to
Steveo