Edger suggestions?

My Craftsman edger just pooped out after just a few uses. The air filter is spotless, it's so new, but still it refuses to start. I know it's the carb, however, I played this game with my Ryobi 4 cycle trimmer, rebuilding the carb four times before throwing in the towel and buying a rechargeable B&D trimmer, which works great.

Anyway, I have no plans to haul this thing to the shop, or tear it apart, every six months. What I'd like is a walk behind edger that will start when I pull the dang cord.

It doesn't have to be fancy, but it must be a walk behind, and reliable. Seems that Sears is selling crap these days.

Any suggestions on a new edger?

Pagan

Reply to
Pagan

I use a McLane and it's un-breakable. My McLane was bought 4 years ago, very used for 50 bucks. I use it 5+ hours a week with no fail.

Personally I would take your edger back to Sears and tell them to fix it. I don't care how old the warrenty is. If they give you no relief, then I'd get the machine fixed and then sell it. Just a thought.. Good luck.

Reply to
Timothy

I like and use the Mantis Tiller just get the wheel kit for it. Plus you can then use it to do your flower beds. Just don't expect it to break up hard rocky ground that's never been turned over.

op4_camper

why would you not take it back right away ? if it doesnt' work like you want it, it should be taken back without hesitation.

Reply to
benzette