Diesel Fuel as weed killer?

Better to use clorox

driveway

I recently read that vinegar can be used on weeds. Bought 3 gallons, put it in a sprayer, and the weeds (dandelions) turned dead & yellow within 48 hours. Amazing, and even safer (if you drank it) than bleach or diesel fuel. It's a contact killer, though, so it will also take out any grass it touches, to a lesser extent.
However, the notion that the spot use of diesel for weeds is a horrible environmental pollutant reminded me of this:
<http://origin.theonion.com/content/node/28362
replying to Darryl, Theresa Ash Walters wrote: No I use weed & feed on my yard. Thinking the 50/10 area that use to be an overgrown thicket might need something stronger.
replying to rogerfisher , I am more enviromentally conscious than a lot of people, as I don't drive a SUV wrote:

Diesel fuel is an excellent weed killer. Try mixing it 50 / 50 with used motor oil from your car, & it will kill any pesky weeds, & keep them dead. The people who like to claim how they have gone "green", & are crying about how it is harmful to the environment, are the very same people who are driving around in behemoth SUV's that get 12 mpg.
replying to I am more enviromentally consc, Jae'Lonnie wrote: How long does it takes
replying to I am more enviromentally consc, tape wrote: I've spent 150$ on Roundup, Bayer, specisides an Weeds & brush thrive. Screw the environment, I'll die before it will, diesel fuel is next
replying to rogerfisher, Theresa Ash Walters wrote: Yes . Weeds around riverbank, or in my case piece of land just cleared. Big sprayer mix half diesel /water .
replying to rogerfisher, Doc wrote: Absolutely. If you put it on heavy enough after the second application (6 months apart) you may be able to go for a full year with little or no regrowth. Now remember. Gravel drives can catch seeds blown in from anywhere. So there is a possibility that something will blow in and try to root but the soil will not let it get a hold and will die or be kicked out of the ground with little trouble. Fence lines and fence posts once heavily treated did not grow back for 3 years at my place.
replying to rogerfisher, kitty wrote: Sorry you can't get an answer to your/my question. People should just try keeping their USELESS chatter to themselves if they don't actually have a legitimate answer.
On Monday, August 28, 2017 at 3:14:03 PM UTC-4, kitty wrote:

You mean useless chatter like you just posted? I saw other people addressing the question asked. You just did what you accused others of doing.
replying to rogerfisher, Joseph Vigil wrote: Yes you can use diesel .5 gallons for every 5 gallons of water
replying to rogerfisher, onyx wrote: Think of all the bugs you will kill in this way. if the bugs die we will eventually die. Diesel will hang around in the soil for ages and isn't ecological.
replying to onyx, Derek wrote: Sounds like diesel will take care of my bug problem and weed problem at the same time. Thanks. I will post to let you know how it works.
On Sunday, September 2, 2018 at 3:14:04 PM UTC-4, Derek wrote:

Great idea for weeds. Use diesel that costs $3.25 a gallon instead of glyphosate that cost 25 cents a gallon. Plus the diesel stinks and it would be funny if a neighbor smelled it and called the EPA.