Diesel Fuel as weed killer?

replying to Mich..., I chose to respect wrote: Wow, you sound like you have a problem with your father.... not all Dad's used lead paint, smoked and slung beer bottles out their car window while driving down the road. Your reply did not require you to be so "caustic" to a simple question someone was trying to ask in order to do the right thing.

Reply to
I chose to respect

Glyphosate (roundup). It's 25 cents a gallon when mixed if you buy the concentrate online or at a farm supply in just 2.5 gallon size. That's what I use. You don't think farmers are spraying 500 acres at over $3 a gallon, do you?

Reply to
trader4

replying to trader4, Ward wrote: I have used roundup 3x and the weeds just keep looking more lush! Going for the diesel fuel this time.

Reply to
Ward

replying to I chose to respect, Bruce Kellar wrote: I enjoyed the commentary

Reply to
Bruce Kellar

replying to I chose to respect, Joshua wrote: God, its people like you I want to strangle the life out of. Your comment could have and should have been kept to yourself instead of verbal diarrhea spewing from it you mouth.

Reply to
Joshua

replying to trader4, Daniel M. Buhr wrote: roundup is no better than deisel for the enviroment

Reply to
Daniel M. Buhr

And the scientific evidence and proof for that is?

Reply to
trader4

replying to rogerfisher, kitty wrote: Sorry you can't get an answer to your/my question. People should just try keeping their USELESS chatter to themselves if they don't actually have a legitimate answer.

Reply to
kitty

You mean useless chatter like you just posted? I saw other people addressing the question asked. You just did what you accused others of doing.

Reply to
trader4

replying to trader4, John845 wrote: There are very few things as dangerous or misunderstood as glyphosate (Roundup). Worse than diesel for sure.

It doesn't degrade and persists in the environment and poisons our water and food sources. It even stays in the grains that a cow eats and stays in it's manure after digestion to then seep into the soil for further issues.

Do an internet search to see what I mean (former senior dept of agriculture people have devoted their lives to stopping it and the companies that make it (Monsanto which is now Bayer).

Reply to
John845

Been there, done that. You're just listening to extremist nuts, that look at very selective data and ignore all the overwhelming data that shows roundup is safe. The same extremists that would have us living in caves, starving.

Reply to
trader4

replying to Data, Freethedumb wrote: Hey there my British brother. It isn't the cost of diesel that contributes to our "rich" culture, IT IS (at least for a while) a less oppressive government. You do recall the tea party; right?

Reply to
Freethedumb

replying to I chose to respect, Freethedumb wrote: Sounds as though the man's Dad was a fun dude!?

Reply to
Freethedumb

replying to Mich..., bobbie wrote: brings back memories

Reply to
bobbie

replying to I am more enviromentally consc, Jae'Lonnie wrote: How long does it takes

Reply to
Jae'Lonnie

replying to Freethedumb, paraplegic wrote: I do, and I also remember the 2nd ammendment, probably put in place, for when we british came back, now it's holy writ, but your right about your governance.

Reply to
paraplegic

replying to I am more enviromentally consc, tape wrote: I've spent 150$ on Roundup, Bayer, specisides an Weeds & brush thrive. Screw the environment, I'll die before it will, diesel fuel is next

Reply to
tape

replying to Mich..., EnformedCitizen wrote: So will roundup.and glysophate and especially on gravel driveways, I saw where a man called his self cleaning the rows between his garden plants, and rained two days later and his garden died,it took two weeks for the garden to die,of course diesel would two,But treating the fence row with diesel is a 100% safer to your health than any chemical herbicides would be ,,Mark it down,,This Will Come Back On The Farmers and Chemical Companies, The Public Is Already and have been paying for the use of these terrible products that the weeds are developing immunity to,The old time plowing and planting and cultivating will have to come back soon or we will perish,MARK IT DOWN!!! GUARANTEED!!!

Reply to
EnformedCitizen

Yeah, it's like all those hydrocarbons in diesel aren't chemicals. No problems there, that's why when you have a fuel station or house that has a leaking fuel tank and it gets into the ground water, it's no problem, no cleanup, it's like all organic man.

Reply to
trader4

replying to rogerfisher, Joseph Vigil wrote: Yes you can use diesel .5 gallons for every 5 gallons of water

Reply to
Joseph Vigil