DAY LILLIES FOR EROSION CONTROL

I HAD a hill side approximately 20' x 50' filled with thorn vines approximately 6 to 10 feet tall. I sprayed each vine from top to bottom with Roundup=AE Poison Ivy & Tough Brush Killer Plus Concentrate and the UNWANTED THORN VINES ARE GONE within 4 weeks.

I have been "googling" (researching) what to cover the hill side for erosion control, drought tolerant, low maintenance and to my surprise several website recommended Day Lillies. ClassyGroundCovers.com offers

50 bulbs at $28.00.

I figure day lillies spread and stand 3 ft wide and tall. They have a grassy look in early spring and have a beautiful in bloom throughout the summer. I am planning to plant a sand cherry bush every 6 feet and surround it with day lillies. Wish me luck!

Home & Garden May's subscription shows a day lilly garden. It is a must see.

If everyone has any suggestions, recommendations before I move forward with this plan please advise. I would like to begin planting bulbs in the fall. =20

Zone: 6

Reply to
DaLadyN_Red

Tom J

Thanks. I will wait and keep researching.

Reply to
DaLadyN_Red