cil weed and feed and stain

Hello. I accidentally poured some cil weed and feed down a sink. Where it has contacted the sink (which is metal) it's left some salt like stains, which I can't remove. Anyone know of a way of removing these stains, or is it permanent?

Thanks Tom

Reply to
tom24_ca

Specifically, what product did you pour?

Try a metal polish, automotive rubbing compound, toothpaste, baking soda, or other mild abrasive to remove the stain but only if you trust that doing so will no worsen the appearance. A very fine steel wool, not a scouring pad, may also help.

Try in an inconspicuous area of the metal sink first.

-- Tom

Reply to
- Tom -

I just checked the label and it has a small amount of phosphoric acid in it. So I suppose it's permanent?

Reply to
tom24_ca

Not necessarily. It's probably only on the surface of the metal sink. Getting the polished area to blend in to the remaining sink metal is likely to be more difficult to achieve than removing the chemical discoloration.

-- Tom

Reply to
- Tom -