applying Halts Crabgrass Preventer

i applied this today for the first time... i don't however see on the directions when it's ok to water the lawn. all it says ( that i can tell ) is to apply it as the grass is "dry".

can anyone tell me when it's ok to :

  1. water?
  2. and when it's ok to apply a Turf Builder?

thank you

near Stockton, Ca.

Reply to
FH

"FH" wrote in news:VXp2c.58902$ko6.407561@attbi_s02:

If its Scotts Builder Halts Crabgrass, you apply when grass is wet from dew or sprinkling it. Then next day, if no rain, you water it it real good. Thats it for two months.

Reply to
cyber

Crabgrass preventer must be applied in the early spring. It prevents the seeds from sprouting. At this time of year (summer) you need to use a crabgrass _killer_ and you must do it before the plants drop their seeds.

Reply to
William W. Plummer

IMHO: I'd put down the preventor, and then used the crab grass killer. While tilling the stuff, it might be ready to seed, and your neighbors might be donating their crabgrass to your lawn as well.

later,

tom

***************** Check Us Out *****************
Bringing back low-cost online car ads to the web!
Reply to
newsgroups01REMOVEME

It's just a waste putting down pre-emergent crabgrass control in CA at this time of year. This works by preventing germination, which has already occurred by now. To be effective, it needs to be put down in early spring, about the time forsythias bloom is optimal.

Reply to
Chet Hayes

I was told here in Pa, that there is a later germination period, late summer early fall. When the crabgrass you already have(or the nieghbors) drops seeds, and the temperature is suitable. With months of protection, the preventor will carry him through this period.

I'm gunna have to check on this, I might be paranoid since being a first time homeowner and reading too much into some products.

later,

tom

*********** Our Latest site:
newsgroups01REMOVEME