ants in the yard.

Any recommendations on how to get rid of ants in the yard ? This is not a small problem, but a big one. I have about 1 acre of yard and half of it seems to be covered in ant hills. Most are the small ones but a few have the larger ants that are about 3/8 inch or so long.

I do have a broadcast spreader that I use for fertilizer if any of the powdered ant killers are any good.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

usedto use diazanon,not made anymore.. ,,,now i use malathion..seems to work pretty well.

ds549

mix well 50/50 borax and sugar. (no need to put in in a spreader) hand spread the mixture around your lawn.(the ants will find it) this is safe on your lawn, pets and children.

ants have an ektoskeleton that breaks down and allows the moisture within the skeleton to be released and hence "dries out" the ant killing it. this also works well for termites.

Reply to
ricks555