Ants in flower pot

Hello, we have a cedar tub filled with flowers in Sunshine Mix (soilless medium) which is getting over run with ants.

Anyone have any recommendations to get rid of the ants?

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave

I found that these work well. Since they work on eliminating the nest as a whole.

tom

****************
*********************************** Our Latest site:
Reply to
junkmail01

I had the same problem today. I just threw and handful of granular diazinon on it. In the past I've used a soil drench of orthene.

Dave G.

Reply to
dave

I have heard that they are actually beneficial for aeration etc. If they are not in your home just leave them or they may invite themselves in if they are thrown out of their present outdoor "digs", I could not let that one go, I had carpenter ants in the past and I empathize with you for sure though. Good luck with the anilation.

Reply to
Ev