Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Buying a new tractor/mower
Before buying a new tractor/mower, check for availability of repair parts and get it in writing. But check out what is involved in changing belts. I just had to do this on my old Craftsman and it took...
2
2

market for old lawn tractors?
Just curious, but is there much of a market for used lawn tractors? I occasionally see an adv. but I don't know how to price it. I have a 6 year old Craftsman tractor mower I got at Sears. It has a...
6
6

Bermuda or Bahia in Central Florida
My college age son has rented a house in Gainesville, Florida, and attends the University of Florida. In his small front yard, there is mostly weeds. But, he would like to throw out some grass seeds....
2
2

Lawn problem
About 2 year ago, I had a large (3-ft diameter trunk) ant-infested locust tree taken down from my front lawn. Now, two years, later, there are literally hundreds of locust trees growing all over the...
4
4

Trying to figure out what this plant is...
When I bought my home last year, there was a huge pink blossoming... thing... in the front yard. My wife loves it, and wants more of them. Every landscaper who has seen it is confused what it could...
13
13

Napoleonic French Soldier Head set - ceramic planting pots [EBay]
French Soldier Head set - ceramic planting pots Includes: * Grenadier of Napoleon's Old Guard * Lancer from the 2nd Lancer Regiment of the Imperial Guard * Trooper of the 1st Hussar Regiment From "The...
1
1

extra nitrogen
I have been reading the post on the dog urine and out of just knowing, I have been informed that human urine will kill red ants. I have not tried this for I am in a wheelchair and can not wheel away...

Anyone know....
... a website that cross references plants-to-herbicides? I want to find which herbicides controls/kills those really tough plants like Virginia creeper, greenbriar, nutsedge, etc. Surely someone out...
6
6

A PPS I thought you would enjoy as much a I did (link)
http://www.flyupload.com/?fid=7251220
1
1

Clay soil LAWNS
We have a lovely lawn if we stay off it !,but the temptation to wal bare foot is too great, and as we have have far to much rain of late and the fact that now the kids are off school the lawn is going...
2
2

Another question about Dog Urine.
I was told that there is some product that you can give your dog and it will prevent those dog urine patches that are created when the dog pees on the grass. Anyone know about a product like this and...
4
4

Honest opinions please,
Here is a pic of the new and old blades, keep in mind the old blades have TWO hours on them, cutting (mostly) grass. I am also posting the "monster" stick pic, keep in mind, I'm 5'6" and have small...
20
20

what kind of spider and will it kill me??
went out to my gf pond to clean out the frog mating uck and saw this: is bigger in person. i'm awake now http://www.safaricabs.com/spider1.jpghttp://www.safaricabs.com/spider2.jpgspidey
7
7

An Easier Way to Keep Deer Out of Your Garden
If deer are getting into your garden, and you don't want to make a eight-foot-tall fence, you'll find you can keep them out with a much lower fence as long as the fenced area is narrow. If the area...
1
1

Mystery Foam Growth in Grass
I have this substance that is in my lawn, in a few places. In the past, I have seen a spot or two, this week about 5. It starts like a yellow foam, then turns into a clump of yellow "stuff". I've...
3
3