Lawn problem

About 2 year ago, I had a large (3-ft diameter trunk) ant-infested locust tree taken down from my front lawn. Now, two years, later, there are literally hundreds of locust trees growing all over the yard.

I presume this is from the root system that was left after the tree was removed. I am trying to figure out what to do. Roundup does no good at all on these things (it kills it, but it also kills all the grass around it).

Any suggestions on what to do to eliminate the problem?

Thanks.

on 7/27/2007 6:18 PM H said the following:

Don't spray the Roundup. Put some in a can and 'paint' the leaves with a brush.

Reply to
willshak

Get a strong total vegetation killer designed for brush, etc., which is more effective than Roundup and apply it at a strong strength using a rag or sponge with a gloved hand. Or apply with a spray bottle, using a cardboard tube from paper towels as a shield.

Reply to
trader4

just run them over with the lawnmower before they get too big

Reply to
Slim

Hi H You will need a weedkiller containing some all - or at least some - of these chemicals. 2,4-D, Mecoprop-P & Dicamba . Here in the UK it is sold as SBK Brushwood Killer. Round-up is not strong enough to kill off this type of root system - at least not in one season. Regards Data

Reply to
Data