Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Sowing a new lawn in UK - concern = LEAVES?
All, Have just perfected 2000 sq m of soil ready for sowing quality law seed. My concern is exactly when to sow, as there are still leaves o the trees, and if was to sow now in perfect conditions,...
5
5

Humberto
Woke up this mornin' with an awful racket like two kids under the bed fightin' with aluminum swords. Beam had busted on the carport and was bangin' against the thin aluminum roofing panels. Tried...
8
8

Broadleaf weed pre-emergent?
I'm accustomed to applying a grassy weed (i.e - crabgrass) pre-emergent treatment in the early Spring, but would also like to do something to prevent broadleaf weeds from coming up in the Spring. I'm...
5
5

Rust in the lawn
A fungicide such as Bayleton will rid you of it. (expensive)
2
2

My turn screw-up
This might take a little pressure off Clark - but it is a little hard to follow. KFC drive through for lunch $3.23. Pulled up to the delivery window, put it in park. I had a five dollar bill and dug...
3
3

Ping Eggs OT
On my linux box, well OK I have eight computers, but this one has four different hard drives three OS's XP for every day, XP for games only, Win98, and Linux. Using Thunderbird for News reader, I...
5
5

Grub alert
Now is the time to be aware of white grub infestation/damage. The forecast is for a strong grub cycle here in Ohio.
28
28

molding moulding color colour
Strange that the spelling of molding and moulding is almost equally divided between the two spellings.. So if you search on carpenter moulding you better search again on carpenter molding. Once, I...

Evergreen (or like) Vines, Zone 6, Suggestions?
I'm looking for suggestions on vines to use to cover a chain link fence section that is attached to a house. I'd like the vine to be evergreen, or at least evergreen like staying green or keeping its...
3
3

The final fix on the new Craftsman lawn tractor (sorry guys I didn't hurt myself this time)
"The original post"
19
19

riding mower wheel help
i have a 1992 mtd 18HP riding mower with a flat back tire . i am going to put a tub in the tire if i can get it off the mower . there is no nuts or bolts just a coter pin and washer . igot them off NP...
8
8

Minimum Temperature For Grass Seeding?
It is early spring in this part of the world. There was some obvious frost around 6:30 AM a few days ago. Tommorrow's forecast is a low of 8 degrees Celcious, and a high of 15. Similar range for the...
1
1

honeysuckle berries
Anyone know if the berries on the honeysuckle are eatable?
2
2

Nutsedge Grass
How do I get rid of Nutgrass from my lawn. I have enough of it where it will take too long to pull by hand. I would like to seed this week so please keep this in mind I live in NJ. Thanks
7
7

Pumpkin and Squash Questions
I have a bumper crop of squash ( both Acorn and Hubbard ) and two kinds of pumpkins ( small pie and large decoration ). How and when do I know when to pick them? The Acorns look ripe fropm the get go...
1
1