Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

replacing Schrader valves
Background: Failing AC system in western suburb of Chicago. Unit is 22 years old, Carrier 2 ton w/gas furnace 70k btu. I had a tech out today to look at my AC and give me an estimate on replacing the...
16
16

water from unknown source at HVAC ceiling vent
All water pipes in my two story house are under the first floor and in the first floor walls to the height needed to supply water to faucets in kitche n and bathrooms in the first floor. This morning...
3
3

high efficiency mandate
Can anyone tell me what the current mandate is for replacing existing furnaces with high-efficiency units ? I have herd many different deadlines from May of 2013 to Jan of 2015 ? Is there any type of...
5
5

Another mini split question.
I currently have a 3 ton Trane that is on it's last legs. We have 2 mini split systems in this house already, one just for our bedroom that they could never get cold enough for my wife on the Trane...
2
2

R134a compressor on R12 box
With a R134a condensing unit on a freezer designed for R12. It isn't working right, customer keeps saying the ice is melting. (ice merchandiser outside a store) What comes to mind? Aside from Stormy...
23
23

condensate dripping from "A" coil fins and not going into drip pans
eleven year old residential split system, inside "A" coil fins are dripping condensate from the angled surfaces onto the concrete floor (vertical air handler) and not into the drip pans. have tried...
2
2

Need some R-22? - Boston Area
Old, but never opened. I bought it quite a while back in case I needed some, but never did. eBay listing is: Thanks Guys, Jeff http://tinyurl.com/nun3l75

Benefit of extra Freon?
OK I have a 25 year old house in suburban Chicago. Central AC is about 22 y ears old. I had it serviced Friday for the first time in a long time and I' m 2# short which the tech added (I wasn't home...
8
8

Anyone buy their health insurance?
Just wondering what type of increases everyone is getting. I have a family of four with BCBS of Florida. In 2010 we had a 7.7% increase. In 2011 we had a 8.1% increase. In 2012 we had a 19.4%...
26
26

Coil cleaner
Hi, Experts, Time to clean ODU coil what are you using? TIA,
1
1

Indirect Evaporative Cooling Heat Exchangers Available
Good Day all, Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Aster from Air Innovations, We're into manufacturing and sales of Air to Air Polymer Plate heat exchangers for Indirect Evaporative Cooling. Our IEC...
1
1

dual zone hvac conversion
Ok here is my solution to a cost effective solution for single to dual zone conversion. Some assumptions are that the AC/Furnance is big enough to heat the whole structure. Must say I have not done...
1
1

Proper Coil Placement - Before or After Furnace?
I have a crawlspace with a horizontal furnace -> coil placement. The coil needs to be replaced, but the tech cannot find any on the market the same size (the coil is an A-type, 20 yrs old). Current...
2
2

direct vent boiler?
I have a gas boiler in my basement and its vented outside with double wall pipe but looks ugly. I would like to know if I can direct vent the boiler thru the outside wall so I can get ride of the ugly...
3
3

Wiring Schmatic for Compacitor
Does anyone know where I can find a schmatic for a condensing unit manufactured by EVCON MODEL:FRCS0241BA SERIAL NO: 950619067? Need the wire diagram for the compacitor.
1
1