Upgrade air handler Motor to higher RPM

I have a 6 year old HVAC 4.9 system, after renovating my home I added additional lines and registers to the new areas, unfortunately the velocity and air flow out of the unit is low and when it is very cold the system perfumes very poor. I would like to know if it possible to upgrade the air Handler motor (FLA 4.0 HP 1/2) to a bigger motor with higher RPM so I can increase the air flow and the pressure in the system. Unit: Inter-City Products Model NFCX4800A1 Style: FCX4800A

Note: when the heat is on temperature in the intake and return are very close, what lead me to think that the motor is not strong enough to cool the amount of BTUs coming into the unit.

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks, Omar

Reply to
pineyro

This time, try obtaining someone proficient in the hvac field. It appears you didn't do so well. Bulbar

Reply to
Bubba

Well, if you want to do a little reading... Before you make any motor HP & RPM increase - decisions, a score of things have to be checked (ductwork, static pressures, etc.).

- udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

Please call a HVAC Technician to diagnose and correct your problem.

Reply to
<kjpro

Hi Omar, I have a six year old GMC truck. Recently I bought a 30&#39; yacht, and now my GMC no longer screams down the road at warp speed.

Well hell. So I took out the fuel injected 6 liter engine and mounted a jet engine under the hood. Well now things are back to normal, speed wise, but the monthly JP4 fuel bill is killing me, not to mention the major reworking of the suspension, transmission and running gear.

So, hell yeah, re-engineer your hvac system to your hearts content.

Remember, this work is not rocket science.

Reply to
gofish

Reply to
jamesgangnc