Two ideas: Misting condenser or adding an additional fan?

In order to improve a/c efficiency some have used misters.

Would increasing air flow by placing another fan in series with the original also help?

Appreciate any feedback on misting, etc.

Reply to
BoyntonStu

prepare for a misting :-)

Real Pisser

Reply to
.p.jm.

Don't laugh - I had a deli customer once that took the condensor coil for the walk-in and stuck it in a big leaky-assed bucket of water, then set a hose to slow feed constant-overflow the bucket. Nice.

He told me he regularly dumped a gallon of bleach in the bucket to 'de-calcify the coil'. Which was plugged solid with calcium, of course.

Couldn't understand why it was leaking in like 100 places, either.

Reply to
.p.jm.

Hi, IMHO increasing air speed i not a good idea. Too fast air velocity will reduce heat transfer. Same with evaporater blower.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Our mechanics where I work use misters to get a chiller through an extra season or two.

They work. But they deposit calcium on the coils, and that insulates them. It's not a long term solution, just an emergency stopgap.

Reply to
TimR

Spray higher volume, and put in a drain. Like Aprilaire humidifiers.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

OR YOU MEAN "MISTRESS"

Grumpy