Trak-pipe

Anyone know if Trakpipe or Diamond pipe is approved for outdoor use?

Reply to
Zyp

I was told years ago that Trakpipe was capable, but not rated for outdoor useage.. Some question about the coating being susceptible to UV. Call your plumbing inspector. The other one I am not aware of.

Reply to
Don Ocean

*Who* would want to use it outdoors anyways. Think of the safety issues!
Reply to
KJPRO

Hmm;

Do you mean saftey as in flexable gas connectors? It seems to me, that flexable gas connectors are also made of stainless steel with a plastic rubber coating. The only difference is the connection.

On a roof installation, penitrating the roof seems just easier and safer considering all the fittings needed to go from a flexible line to iron then back to flexible again and to iron again. i.e. flexible Trakpipe through the interior unitl you reach the area where you exit on to the roof. Brass fitting to iron, exit with iron on to the roof. Then you switch back to a flexible gas connetor [24"] to iron piping again to the enteror of the unit.

It seems like less fittings is better for a chance to leak.

I haven't browsed through the code yet, just wondered if anyone else has?

Reply to
Zyp

Old school... nothing beats good ole Black Pipe for gas installations.

Reply to
KJPRO

Well you got me there KPro.... but Trak pipe is quicker [not cheaper by any means] but quicker.

Reply to
Zyp