Seems residential home pre-sale inspections cannot be run for the A/C side if the outside air temp is below 60F

Home pre-sale inspections cannot be run for the A/C side if the outside air temp is below 60F.

New to me and I'm curious why this might be so?

TIA

Reply to
NotMe

I suppose it would depend on the minimum temperature the thermostat could be set to? Many companies may think 60 to be cool enough minimum for the market.

So if outside air is at or lower than 60 the system will not be switched on to cool. But if it is a dual purpose cooler and heater pump the heater function should be able to be tested.

Brian Sandle

Reply to
briansandle

Might be able to carefully direct a hair dryer at the thermostat, at some distance, just to raise its temp above 60, but then if there is appreciable moisture in the air there would be the chance of the cooling coils icing up.

Brian Sandle

Reply to
briansandle

Residential home inspections vary largely in what part country you in. In California buyer pays for inspection and seller don't have to give you damn thing as long he does not lie about it, which means it is illegal to hide anything and property you buying "as is" New Jersey seller most secure occupancy certificate before he/she can sale

Reply to
grumpy