roofing problem

Our house has a single-story section for the family room and garage. The peak of the roof runs from the front of the house to the back with one side potentially draining up against the 2-story portion of the house. A crickett (perpendicular to the roof peak) attaches the middle of the peak of the single-story to the side of the house to try to prevent runoff problems.

The crickett and the one-story roof form a valley that ends up at the edge of house in the rear (the front drains past the edge of the side of the house - with no problems). During heavy rains, the rear valley can back up due to leaves, wind, ice, or other obstructions causing moisture on the ceiling and wall of the family room.

How can I change the roofline in just the quarter of the roof where there is a problem? I have tried sketching it with no success.

Reply to
jwhoofbeat

Maybe if you took it to the correct group??

Reply to
Noon-Air

HVAC

Heating, Ventilating & Air Conditioning

Reply to
<kjpro

With a Sawzall. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote

Remove any leaves, wind, ice, or other obstructions.

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

Fucking sawzall is for friggen weenies hereabouts.

Suggest beg, borrow or steal a capable chainsaw...gas powered....

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

How about dynomite?

Lets get serious! :-)