rheem heater-honeywell thermostat

sometimes the thermostat is not kicking it on,it is a honeywell programmable one.do these go bad?my rheem heater works fine when its on but the thermostat seems to not call for heat sometimes and i have to turn it on and off and adjust the temp to make it come on.it is an 80 criterion series horizontal attic setup 75k btu.filters clean and when it does come on it sequences just as book says it should.is one of the limits dirty ?i can provide model no in a while-unit is 7 years old .thank you

Reply to
hermanmunster

What model thermostat?? and yes the model number of the furnace along with the serial number would be helpfull too. They can be found inside the burner compartment on the right hand side wall

Reply to
Noon-Air

Whenever the heat doesnt work properly, it's ALWAYS the thermostat. Everyone knows that. Change it. If it still doesnt work properly, change the stat again. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Reply to
hermanmunster

First off, change the batterys in the stat. Whan was the last time the system was serviced by a *competent*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician??

BTW... that furnace is a 75k BTU furnace with a 3 ton blower drive and was manufactured week 32 in 1996, so its a little older than 7 years.

If changing the batterys in the stat doesn't take care of the problem, then its time to call a pro. Modern gas furnaces are not something that the home owner needs to be messing with unless they are a bonified HVAC technician. This isn't your Daddy's furnace no more

Reply to
Noon-Air

If it still under waranrt call Rheem what is happening and they will come out and they will fix it. Is it a rheem or a HD knock off. Any way if it is under warranty call the manufacturer and most if not all of your cost are covered.

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo

Are we talking about a furnace or both, your header says water heater but in your thread it it tlaks about both. Which is it that you are haveing trouble with

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo

I apologize to the masses, i thought he was talking about a water heater at first, eyes are playink tricks, this is Noon's expertise with the Rheem not me!

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo

i opened up the junction box and found a possible loose connection that possibly could have caused this due to warm days cold nights and hopefully this is it.batteries in stat are new ,filters clean- like i said once it does come on it goes through the whole cycle according to manufacturers book, its also b vent to outside and this is shared with basement unit so i dont think that theres an obstruction there.and 2 green leds are on the board.i thank anyone for their knowledgde and input

Reply to
hermanmunster

Nice troll ya got there, Noon. I hate the holier than thou posters, who do exactly what they complain about, plonk...

snip

Reply to
Joseph

Some people just bitch about the people they admire! :-)

Reply to
kjpro

Pardon me, but where does this guy say any thing about water?

kjpro

Reply to
kjpro

Sorry, should have read your next post first! :-(

kjpro

Reply to
kjpro

I don't kmow how these came up again, but was terribly wrong and in a different fram of mind reading the post, I apologize!

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo