Return Bends

I have a condenser with corroded return bends can I seal the leaks with my 15W soldering iron OR do I have to UPGRADE to 30W

Reply to
Telstra

To start with you don't solder refrigerant lines you braze them with silver solder not soft solder. If you have the U tubes leaking then your unit is probably old and deteriorated and needs to be replaced. If not old then you would still want to consider replacement because usually you have some defect in the coil or acid in the system eating away at the joints that are brazed.

Reply to
csstouffer

Considering energy this days I think 20 watt should do it

Reply to
Old & Grunpy
15 watt just takes longer.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Telstra posted for all of us...

Forget that - just crimp them shut. If you feel you MIGHT need them rejuvenate them with a ProPress tool.

Reply to
Tekkie®