Replace unit. What idiots.

I went out for PM, and filters. One roof top unit (4 ton Carrier, if I remember) wasn't cooling well.

I offered to clean the coils, totally needed.

They replaced the entire unit. I got back to the store, and there was a whole brand new HVAC with gas heat and all.

So, if the car needs a tune up, you junk the car and buy a new one? I'm astounded at replacing a roof top unit because it's dirty. Seriously unbelievable.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Why not if Was billionaire I would have one for Monday one Tuesday one Wednesday Etc.

Reply to
grumpy

You wouldn't stay a billionaire for long.

Reply to
No Body

You really need to quit snorting farts.

Reply to
Eddie

As long he gets EPA permit he fart all he want did you know that

Reply to
Grumpy

Reply to
Grumpy

and an environmental impact report

Reply to
Steve

Yes the only thing he must watch that no one light the match could cause disaster methane gases are very flammable

Reply to
grumpy

So the new unit was also a Carrier then, correct?

Reply to
Daniel who wants to know

OK just checking as if it were another make it wouldn't be Puron branded R-410a it would be generic R-410a refrigerant.

Reply to
Daniel who wants to know

R-410 is giving name by ASHRAE, R-410 is actually AZ-20 made by Allied Signal It is azeotropic mixture of HFC-32/HFC-125, so it is blend refrigerant which should always be use to charge system in liquid form.

R-410a it would be generic R-410a

Reply to
Grumpy

It is only near azeotropic, IE it still has a little glide to it. All 400 series refrigerants are zeotropic blends and all 500 series are azeotropic blends.

Reply to
Daniel who wants to know

The different compounds that make up azeotropic refrigerants evaporate at different pressures/temperatures. If you try to charge by vapor, not only will you screw up the charge in the system, you will also screw up the new refrigerant in the jug. Neither will retain its original properties, and you got junk all the way round.

Reply to
Steve

Chris look up OEM specs

Reply to
Grumpy

Depends on some other factors too : The age of the Unit, how critical the space is that the unit cools/heats , and if it was undersized and didnt work right . If i were an Owner, id weigh up these factors carefully in addition to how long i was going to have the Store . Sometimes there comes a point when its not wise to put any more money into a piece of equipment .

Reply to
ilbebauck

Looks that you just can't fix "StUpiD"

Reply to
ken

grumpy posted for all of us...

The IMPORTANT thing was they DIDN'T have stumpy do it! (The replacement)

Reply to
Tekkie®