remote control of furnace off/on switch

We live in the northeast and have an oil fired furnace for (radiant floor) heat and domestic hot water.

When the seasons get warm I usually turn off the furnace for periods of time when we don't need to use hot water, so we can save energy.

This is a problem for the family members that wake up early and like to take a shower first thing in the morning.

I was considering the use of an X-10 module on the furnace switch, but the switch is not an AC voltage.

How can I solve this problem?

thanks,

Ron

Buderarus G-205 Becket Burner Honeywell controller

Reply to
Ron

1)set the thermostat down, do not shut off power to boiler 2) stop using the tankless coil in a boiler for domestic hot water and install a water heater
Reply to
Abby Normal

Stop playing with you self

Reply to
Old & Grumpy

Tell certain family members to get up later.

Reply to
assembly admiral