Furnace with Carrier Infinity AC Controller

We recently installed a AC in our house. We got a Infinity system from Carrier. Because we prefer our hot water heat we kept it too. With the infinity system comes a controller but Carrier does not support any furnace with this. I noticed that there are connections in this controller for an electric heater. So I wonder if it is possible to connect this to my furnace (maybe with a Honeywell relais) Did anybody do this before?

Any help appreciated, Henning

Reply to
Henning Follmann

All of Carrier's variable speed gas forced air furnaces are supported.

The Infinity is a communicating thermostat and will not work with products not designed to be used with the system. A creative technician might be able to interface the communicating air handler that you have with the A/C system with the hot water system but I doubt they will be too excited about doing so.

- Robert

Reply to
American Mechanical