how do i get rid of BO?!?

I bought a treadmill on ebay. It's exactly what the seller said it was and is in great shape except.......... the seller must have stored all his sweaty dirty laundry on the thing. The tread stinks like BO. I've tried lysol and fabreeze and it's done nothing. Any thoughts on how to get rid of this, it's stinking up the house!!! Thanks.

Reply to
Rob

Sounds like a Seinfeld episode....

;-]

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Hook it to your boat tow rope and have good fun with it while it washes itself. Call the manufacturer

Reply to
m Ransley

try ozium

Wayne

Reply to
wayne

wipe it down with bleach

Reply to
SQLit

Reply to
Michael Baugh

Urinate on it.

Reply to
D'Olier

put it in a room with an ozone generator?

Reply to
JMagerl

Fire...... Burn the damn thing.....

Reply to
.

Bleach water. 1/2 cup bleach in a gallon of cold water, mix well, pour into spray bottle, spritz on tread, allow to saturate and evaporate. Rotate tread, repeat on next untreated section. Repeat 2 or 3 times as needed. KEEP PETS OUT OF THE ROOM, you don't want them licking it (and crawling crumb crushers too, of course.) Don't go too heavy on the bleach, or it will start to react with the tread (assuming rubber?) and that wouldn't be a good thing.

Reply to
I-zheet M'drurz

In the spa I go to they use "Simple Green" in between clients, but an ammonia dilution at night. They say the bleach dries out the coverings too rapidly.

Michelle Italy

Reply to
Atom1

Click & Clack always reccommend a product called "Nature's Miracle" - some enzymatic stuff. Definitely put it in the garage, or better yet outside - some sunshine might do some good, and you don't want anything else picking-up the smell. Fabreeze is a crock!

coverings too

Reply to
LooknBlu

Actually Fabreeze works well and is a breakthrough in chemically neutralizing odors. Since you said you used it and it didn't work, it could be on the reverse side of the belt or embedded and/or caused by decomposing rubber. The best way may be to take the belt off, change it with a new belt from the mfgr, and thoroughly clean all surfaces that sweat would drip onto. That said, you can try band-aid solutions. Load

and click on Evaporator Core Treatment. That foaming stuff should help neutralize organic odors. You must rinse with water afterwards.

You could also try contacting a company specializing in cleanups after fires. They may have some equipment that would work. I understand that ozone is a powerful oxidizing agent that may convert the smelly molecules into less odorous reaction products.

Here's a link about how to get rid of skunk-smell. Maybe the formulae work for B.O. also:

Regards, Scott

Reply to
Scott Packard

Reply to
JMagerl

But janitorial supply houses have been selling odor counteractants for decades.

Reply to
Melinda Meahan - remove TRASH

Take a shower !!!! (Yes, I know it's only been 6 weeks since you last took one, but make an exception and take one today, instead of waiting the entire year).

Reply to
goldribbon

i was waiting for that obvious response. im surprised it took this long for someone with enough originality to come up with it!

Reply to
Rob

Once you've tried some of the other suggestions, if it still stinks...

Unplug and take off the motor and head covers and make sure there isn't something dead in there, like a mouse.

Reply to
Paul Franklin