PRESSURE SWITCH INQUIRY

Modine unit heater. Burner short cycling. I check my pressure switch that closes at .91", and get an approx. .60 reading. Check flue, sure enough it is plugged up with a birds nest. Clean it out, and re-check pressure, I get above a 1" reading. But when burner fires, the pressure drops to about .80. The pressure switch is definately bad, because even after cleaning the flue with a 1" reading, the switch wouldn't close. I have one on order, but I am concerned about the drop in pressure after the burner fires. Is this normal? Or may I have heat exchanger problems. I didn't see any visible cracks, but it was bright as hell in this room when I was checking it. It is a hot house for flowers. Thanks in advance.

Rich

Reply to
rfofaky

hey I'm guessin here but when the furnace fires, the exhaust is warmer than the disch. from the inducer. being warmer, the exhaust is lighter, causing less static? you said a flower shop, that translates into higher humidity than normal. humid heavy air thru the inducer vs furnace exhausted air thru the inducer.

you can still sell them a heat exchanger inspection !

gofish

Anyone know if this stuff works on plumbers too?

Patent Pending Contractors Crack Finder. Price per case, four one-gallon jugs to the case. (Shipping not included)

Price: $ 284.00

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

dunno about plumbers but it is AWESOME when it comes to finding two legged cracks at the beach.

Reply to
gofish

This stuff works nicely on plumbers too.

Bob

Reply to
DIMwit