Need constructive critique on my idea for a solar hot water panel , please

Look in the cabinet over the microwave ;-)

Reply to
Steve

I guess you have not looked at the Domestic hot water on Mobile home or some of the newer FHA homes. Get back to me when you are an all around expert. We don't have any of those here.

Sooo... It is continuous and works or we wouldn't be using it. Copper is a bit more expensive and not as easy to install and with a full pex system..The heat is even cheaper. You can argue your idea of physics all day.. I can refute pretty much of all you babble..But I don't need to.. What sells the user of such systems is the bottom line on their bank statement.

I didn't use your cite..But having installed such items, I don't think I need to waste my time. I do note that you lay no claim to experience in a group that is experienced. Reading a book or a NG does not make you an expert. Please take your ridiculous advice on a useless sure to fail subject to Email.

I already said it was foolish and a waste of time. I also gave a viable cheaper alternative in hopes the idiot would move on. I even tried to send him to a Survivalist group. The Survivalists haven't had a victim to flame in days.

Gee, that hurts my feelings.. You can make up by kissing my ass. Why Morons like you come here is beyond me. Is your Boifriend out of town and you are lonely? Maybe you can get lucky and go aid this dingus in installing Pex, or Garden hose or maybe even glued together Soda straws. I do so hope the s*****ad does get a real shower from time to time though. ;-/

He did give you a hint by telling you he lives alone...

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

:-]

It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but *They mean to govern*. They promise to be good masters, *but they mean to be masters*. Daniel Webster

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

Shit - I was WONDERING what ever happened to Fluffy .....

Reply to
.p.jm.

She is Okay..those are Steve work socks in the Microwave.

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

You make a lot of assumptions that have no basis in fact, other than in your own mind. Then you rely on insults to "prove" your point.

That cite is nothing more than the product from Johnstone Supply. What a chicken shit to not even look.

More insults from the poser.

And yet more.

All in lieu of any facts. You sure did a fine job of proving what a jerk you are.

In fact, I probably have more experience with solar than anyone here. My house is largely heated with solar. I have built not one, but 8 solar collectors. I did it not by puffing myself up but by asking people that really know and spending a great deal of time researching this.

Here is the simulator I used:

Now you can go back to kissing that idiot Mormons ass. And posting about singing penises. Exactly who has the gay obsession? Who posts this nonsense repeatedly?

I'm here to learn something about HVAC, and am not afraid to learn. You are here to puff yourself up and rant about penises and rape and all sorts of other tripe. Then you pick fights solely on whether you like someone, not on any facts at all.

You are a poser and a pathetic one at that. Pass the popcorn.

When did he start wearing socks ?

Reply to
.p.jm.

Obviously he didn't if they are in the microwave. Duh..

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

On 7/13/2011 7:03 AM, j wrote: .

Actually PEX is sold all over the world. Copper panels for hydronic has been around a very long time. Many years ago a partner and I had a small manufacturing company that made full hydronic panels with insulated Lexon lenses. We even designed and sold the rights to controls controls Systems to an outfit out of Atlanta.

Is your Boifriend out of town

Actually for you those are compliments.

Its probably your only chance.

Ah yes..Feel the compassion of a true student of HVAC.

Yep..another Pseudo expert. Copper must be black anodized for long term usage as such, but still have aging problems for the coatings. The fluid needs freeze and fungal protection. Most roofs need modification to attain 55° tilt to solar.

Get back to me when you yhave maybe just a bit of a Thermal dynamics background. It is obvious that you are not in the business.

The Mormon is the only one that takes you seriously.

And posting about

Singing Penises? Do they also talk to you? Whisper in your ear? Soprano, baritone, what? You should take this to some talent agent.

Exactly who has the gay obsession? Who posts this

OK...OK..I give up..Its *you*!!

HVAC doesn't include Kludged up waste of time pieces of Jerry rigging. It also appears that you are advertising yourself as the expert on Solar to a Homeowner.

and am not afraid to learn.

Is that why you get offended and whine like a kicked puppy when your silly ideas are ignored for factual data.

You

Why are you changing the subject to your favorite professional pastime?

Then you pick fights solely on whether you like

I see... You are here looking for love. Try the Gay NG's.

Still haven't learned, have you?

It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but *They mean to govern*. They promise to be good masters, *but they mean to be masters*. Daniel Webster

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

By the way Paul, Did Nick Pine ever have an illegitimate Kid by the name of J?

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

Of course it is. Great stuff. It just doesn't find use in domestic hot water solar collectors. There are issues with stagnation and with efficiency. Not to say that you can't make a PEX solar domestic hot water collector, in fact there are You Tubes of it. It sure wouldn't be the OPs design. I know of no commercial products, but I haven't seen everything. I am not talking pool products, where there are several assorted "plastic" collectors. At no point have I said that PEX is not suited for either radiant floor or plumbing. I have it here.

Why don't you read what I said instead of what you think I said? I get that you don't understand or like me. I'm not in this group to be either a regular or an expert. You can do whatever you want. I read a handful of threads and I leave all the personal bits alone.

I'm not at all sure that Nick ever got laid. Too busy calculating what would fit where with how much clearance, she got bored and left.

Reply to
.p.jm.

Hey poser.

Exactly what do you contribute other than personal innuendo?

Is this how you handle everything in life, so far I've seen not one bit of useful advice on this or for that matter anything else from yourself.

Now, you will reply with something you and a handful of third graders will consider cute.

What more could you possibly ask for?

I get paid for my advice and Services. Cheap Chiselers like you come here leeching what we have worked years to get.

Sooo? You are saying that whatever I say will be over your grade level?

It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but *They mean to govern*. They promise to be good masters, *but they mean to be masters*. Daniel Webster

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

That about sums it up.

I come from a completely different world. I'm a programmer. Programmers have no problem sharing what they know, provided some homework has been done. There are many many highly technical fields like that. It is largely how the art is advanced.

Your motto, which goes along with your politics, can be summed up: "I've got mine, screw you.".

So, you spend your lives cutting each others throats. How Christian, and I mean that in the fullest sense.

Jerk. I'm somewhat north of a 135 IQ.

Look, you wish to treat this as a chatroom. That is not what Usenet was created to be. It was, as I and many others see it and use it, as a place to share knowledge not to horde it.

You will never step to help another, because it is not in your nature. I will, and so hate you hate me with a passion. Money means more to you than anything else, I find that to be pathetic, you find it to be the only way to live.

Frankly, people that know the most are the least jealous of passing it on. Where does that put you?

I treat people well, you put them down.

Oh dear - that puts you directly in line with my farts. So sad. Luckily, far enough south that you won't even smell them.

It is.

That argument is so old, I'm not even going to go there. Start / join a moderated group, or a dedicated forum. There are many good ones.

And yet another free InternetPsychoAnalyst has spoken.

Reply to
.p.jm.

Programmer?? ok, so you're not yet qualified with anything sharper than a crayon, let alone anything with moving parts. In case you missed it, the HVAC field is highly technical, and very specialized. There are several of us who are certified masters of our trade.

5 to 7 semester hours of continuing education and training every year is not unusual. Several of us are also successful business owners.

Ummm.....no.

no more than programmers....

You seem to like it

That and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee at Denny's

We tried to share our knowledge, but you already had your mind made up and couldn't be confused by the facts. All you cared about was how cheap you could do it with no thought to the physics thermodynamics, or material charicteristics.

You only got your panties in a twist because we didnt tell you what you wanted to hear.

You have to have a receptive audience before anything can be passed on

Maybe after you have done your homework...... There is a reason why solar collectors are made the way they are and with the materials they are. When your trying to reinvent the wheel, it would help if you knocked the corners off it first.

Reply to
Steve

I'm not implying anyone but Pax.

I'm not Christian.

All this started when I posted a response about solar. I just don't want some jerk following me around posting childish shit. Frankly I haven't seen anyone else here doing that, I don't have a problem with anyone else.

No argument.

What facts are those? I haven't seen no stinking facts. In fact if I had seen facts, I'd have no trouble whatsoever. Most of what I've seen is "I know and you don't".

All you cared about was how cheap you

I said very little except the OPs plan would not work, pointed at some homebrew stuff that does and listed why not to use "pink" sheet insulation (not able to stand stagnation) and some of the problems with using PEX (low thermal conductivity) inside a solar collector.

What is wrong with any of that?

What. Penis jokes?

Have I said anything otherwise?

In fact for flat plate collectors, there is no shortage of places where you can by just the collector, sans the box. Save money.

When

I'm not reinventing the wheel.

Look, if you guys are buds and want to cool your heels and chat here, fine. I'm not going to bother you.

Leave me alone, and I won't bother you.

it would help if you knocked the corners

Apparently neither of you has been to Denny's recently.

But regardless - bragging about your IQ, is a sure sign of intellectual insecurity.

Reply to
.p.jm.

So is Paul and he charges big time for his expertise..Stays busy at it too..so he must be good. If you have to give yours away.. Obviously.. Your expertise is not marketable.

Programmers

Yeah, Well I didn't make any money as a programmer either. So I moved to where the money is. I suppose that is why I can afford to have vowels in my name and you can't.

No... I've Got yours and now I can afford to screw whom I want to. ;-p

Christian? I never claimed that.. Are you on Wacky Tobacky, son?

Then why are you here in this group that has IQ's that know better then to cry like a baby because they cannot get their way? Maybe you should join our auxiliary News group over at Mensa. They could use the laugh. Might even write an equation for it.

Gee... Maybe you should read up on the "RFC"s that pertain to Usenet before you puke your ignorance all over the net Next you will be claiming that you are a member of LuL a subsidiary of Anonomous.

Actually I view you merely as a temporary toy. Your kind bores me rather easily, as all stuffed shirts do. Money means more to you

Not your teacher, obviously.. Now move along sonny.. There are others here that need the bandwidth.

Sniff° Sniff° Now your went and hurt my feelings, After all I are a people too..

Now, Dammit! Will you buzz off to whatever looney bin in which you are a

135 IQ member of?