my trane air handler air blower is on 24 hours a day

model: trane twe 063p13fb

a tech came by to inspect the indoor air handler. there was a lot of water inside because it was "sweating" a lot. he turned on the air blower and left it running to dry the wet stuff.

current status: air blower is on 24 hours a day, since last month. a/c thermostat fan setting is set to "on" instead of auto.

is there a way i could turn off the air blower and let it run only 12 hours a day instead of 24? it's costing me a lot in electric bill. my electric bill arrived and it was expensive.

can someone give me instructions?

Reply to
kilroybass

You just answered your own question. The poor unit is sweating a lot, and you want to turn off it's fan? Think of how hot it will be without its fan running.

Maybe when winter comes and it cools down below 60 degrees in there you might think about turning off its fan, but for now you need to leave it on to keep it from sweating.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

You think maybe it's dry by now? Did the tech suggest how long to leave the blower on?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It seems to me that your air handler is not moving enough of air, however you need to make sure that it is draining fully, water that accumulates in drip pan is draining and not just laying there. You can also insulate air handler from out side that may help you some by eliminating condensation from walls of sheet metal if that is where you problem is. Changing fan run time can be done but it require additional circuitry which you may not want to pay for. Good luck from DIDO

Reply to
Dido

If the sizing was correct & everything including airflow CFM & the ductwork is right, there should not be a lot of water inside.

- udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

workout. Try a cold shower, turn off your hot water heater too while you're at it, and buy some cheap box fans to keep yourself from sweating. Of course electricity is expensive. But your consumption won't change unless you do. The Bush administration is all about energy. You catch my drift?

Reply to
tumolt

your condensate drain line is probably plugged up, thus the excessive water inside the air handler. sweating has nothing to do with it, your 'tech' was/is brain dead. Turn the fan switch from On to Auto and be done with it.

Reply to
gofish

Turn it back to auto - immediately.

The tech didn't fix the problem like he should have. The AC system was probably not properly installed to begin with or you wouldn't have had a moisture problem.

Your tech was either busy and didn't want to fix your problem or he/she was/is incompetent.

Reply to
JimL

And leave the drain plugged? Whoever's writing under Fish's handle didn't hand out very good advice there.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

When I turned it back to Auto, a lot of water came down from the air handler. It's still dripping right now. Is that supposed to be normal?

I'm gonna wet vacuum it now.

But the bottom is still gonna be wet. How should I dry it now?

Reply to
kilroybass

Send pictures.

Reply to
JimL

Towels, I guess.

Should have left the fan on. Now it is hot and sweaty.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

JimL wrote

Of your wife. It's the only way we can help you on this.

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

You need to put some Clorox down the drain(1/2 cup) should be an opening at the top of the drain to do this and then if you have an air compressor, seal off the opening and blast for a few seconds to clear the line. Should fix the condensate buildup otherwise it is a design issue.

Reply to
Clois Beckwith

snipped-for-privacy@usa.com posted for all of us...

Shower anyone?

Why not use a dry vacuum? Ya got enough water...

Pop up a wet one!

Reply to
Tekkie®