My central a/c won't work:(!!! HOT IN TEXAS!

Hello,

My central a/c system will not turn on and I really don't want to spend the $$$ to get someone out to fix it if it is no big repair. Anyway, here's what happens...

Turn the a/c on by lowering the temperature inside on the thermostat on the wall in the hallway. The central fan blows, but nothing cold comes out. Actually the air is pretty hot! The outside unit is not making the usual noise that we hear when it runs normally, but the fan on the top is running....I went out to see if kicking it or wiggling the hoses and cords would make it work and noticed the fan. Anyway, if someone more knowlegable could give me an idea of what is going on, I would really appreciate it. We came back last night from vacation to find our a/c out and with no good reason. Only difference is all of the rain that we have been getting here in Dallas.

Thanks!

Crista

Reply to
Bellaziza

So instead of publicly displaying your ignorance, pick up the phone book, look under Air Conditioning Systems Repairing, and call one

Reply to
Noon-Air

wrote

Why you cheap SOB. You blow all your cash on a vacation, and won't spend money on a repair?

I hope that sizzling you hear isn't from your AC, but from your celluite melting in the heat.

Reply to
Moon

Goodman?

Reply to
<kjpro

Sounds like the biggest trolling message I&#39;ve seen in a while aka: "my ac is broke and I dont want to spend any money" WTF! Bubba

Reply to
Bubba