Is it legal to sell Freon 22 on Craigslist?

I'm in Oregon, USA. I have about 20# of Freon 22 that I've had for decades. Don't think I'll ever use it. I'm getting conflicting information on whether it's legal for me to sell it. It's probably worth $300, but I don't wanna go to jail. What's the detail on selling Freon 22?

Don't know about Oregon, but here in Ontario you cannot manufacture or import it. You can still use it - so you can still sell it. At least that's the common interpretation up here. Might be dicey selling out of state if they really want to get nasty.
On 9/19/2017 8:42 PM, mike wrote:

Yes..As long as it is sold by a certified coolant gas owner to a certified coolant gas buyer. Then Transported by lawfully ascribed means. Most legal buyers are skeptical of opened containers with coolant gas remainders. Sealed containers are to be desired. Also one must be careful as counterfeit containers of counterfeit coolants are regularity smuggled into or made in this country. Your best bet is to approach a local HVAC company that knows and trusts you.