How to locate ceiling heat elements?

Hello,

I have the need to drill a number of holes in a residential ceiling with ceiling heat (house built in early 70's in Oregon).

As I obviously do not want to drill into any of the elements, I need to know a method for locating the elements.

Thanks for any help with this,

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

There are inexpensive stud finders that will locate metallic objects.

Reply to
Raymond J. Johnson Jr.

or use a laser pointer heat gun, turn heat on, find and mark hot areas.

cooler areas will be safe

Reply to
hallerb

There are electronic locators that can detect precisely where voltages are - and they're inexpensive too. Something like $19.95 at most tool outlets. They give off a beep when a voltage stream is located.

Reply to
Zyp

A cheap drill bit will will show a bright arc indicating exact locations of elements. Also will wake up operator.

Reply to
Don Ocean

And will most likely cause the operator to have to do some laundry.

Reply to
Noon-Air