Honeywell round thermostat

Are those mercury-free Round thermostats more reliable than the ones w/ the mercury?.....I'm talking about the newer mercury Roundies (like the CT87B) which were being built until recently. That were completely unreliable. Are the solid state ones any better? Bryan

Reply to
Totalrod2

Honeywell Vision Pro

Reply to
<kjpro

Hi, New ones are based on digiral logic not analog like mucury bulb and heat sensing bi-metal strip(or coil). VERY accurate. Vision Pro can stay on set temp +/- 0.5 deg. C typical.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Bryan,

If you want a reliable, no BS mechanical unit, go with the Robertshaw 400 series. I was so impressed with them, that I even mentioned them on a page of products I like on my website:

And you are right about the Honeywell&#39;s being unreliable. I seen some in which the seal to the mercury was breached somewhere (and no, it was not abused) and the result was an oxide build up on the mercury. Once this happens, let&#39;s just say that things get pretty wild as far as switching goes, and if not corrected, it could damage the HVAC equipment.

Cheers,

Mike Shell

Reply to
Michael Shell