heat ventilation in homes

I have a question regarding heat vents in a new house, or old. When builders or engineers are designing floor plans for a house. Do they determine the number of a heat runs in a room based on the square footage of a room? Basically I bought a new home and my master bedroom has one heart vent and is cold in the winter and hot in the summer, but my second largest room has two heat vents in it. Does that make sense? I was told y my builder that the home was built according to the plan, but was the plan neccessarily designed correctly. Can someone please give me some advice on this because I am currently going through with my builder on this issue. He knows that it does not make any sense and has admitted it, but claims they can not do anything. He was the one who told me that they determine the number placed on the square footage of the room. What should I do?

Reply to
C.B.McCauley

Just tell your builder you want another vent added to the master bedroom. Ask that adjustable dampers be placed on both lines to the master bedroom. You can reduce the delivery with them if it turns out to be needed.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

I have adjustable dampers on them. My master bedroom had one hear vent in the closet and one in the actual bedroom. My other room has one in the bedroom and and one in the wall that is a dual that has a vent in the closet and one going into the bedroom. To me it made more sense to do what they did in my second bedroom in the master bedroom, but that is me thinkin logocally.

Reply to
Cutt