Heat stuck on!! Help

I have split system. Unit outside and other part under the house. It A/C and Heat unit also. Goodman unit. I have totaline thermostat p/n p474-0100

last 2 days when I come home heat has been stuck on. The system outside is not on. But im getting heat. It feels like EH (emergency heat) is what is on. But on Thermostat is does not show EH on. Now when I hold bottom O and ^ then it shows the EH on and red light comes on. Then when i hold buttons again light turns off and EH goes away but heat is still going. I have already called tech. Just would like to know what to look for and watch what he is going to be doing.

right now settings for Thermostat is:

Step#2 (display type dual or single) 2 Step#4 (heat pump) on Step#5 (reversing Valve pofanity) O Step#7 (Deadband) 2 Step#8 Min Diff heat/cool 2 Step#9 cycles per hour d Step#10 therm backlight on Step#11 F or C F

Here is link to manual

goodman

1) Stat is lying to you 2) Low voltage wiring has decided to rewire itself to the wrong terminals (Gremlin stuff) 3) Heat sequencer is stuck (most likely)

Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

What kind of money are we talking here if thats the problem? Parts I looked at is around $20 to $30. So hopefully will not cost that much tomorrow and I can still have a christmas haha!

Reply to
goodman

In this neck of the woods, with the service call, a generic sequencer(installed) and sales tax, your looking at a *minimum* of about $225, thats providing that the sequencer *IS* the problem and is the *ONLY* problem. After all, I want to have Christmas too.

Reply to
Noon-Air

I can live with that I guess. In last year I had to call them 3 times. starting to add up, bought house brand new only 4 years old. capistor, then something under house forgot the name but compasor was on but not blowing any air in house, then i was low freon. now this!!

Reply to
goodman

Sounds like your thermostat is worn out. Have the tech run a thermostat test.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Doesn't the tech have to pass a urine test first??

Reply to
Noon-Air

$20 is the cost of the screws that hold the sequencer.............Each.............not including screw labor. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

my first guess would be that your service company is hosing you. its not unheard of for a technician to cut the low voltage wire going to the a/c contactor while servicing your furnace. this ensures him another service call from you when it warms up, at which time he will cut the low voltage wire going to your furnace which will ensure him another service call when it gets cold again. call a different company this time.

Reply to
Nathan In Montana

The was a video clip a couple years ago. Some folks in California did a test of the local AC companies. The disconnected one wire, and then had a woman call a bunch of service companies to see what they reccomended. One of them aparently cut the coil wire for the contactor, nice fresh bright cutter marks. They had an instructor from a local HVAC school check the system each time before they called the service guy. They got an assortment of reccomended things to do, repair, install, replace.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

geez nathan, where do you dream up this shit? guilty conscious?

read thru the lines the OP has posted.....

goodman equipment, bottom of the barrel carrier t-stat, numerous problems on a 4 year new install. can you say cheap, all the way down the line?

Reply to
gofish

ive seen it for myself.

not at all. integrity is the cornerstone upon which i both build my business, and credit my success.

ive seen some REALLY cheap shit out there, but not enough to justify that many service calls in such a short period of time. id really like to see the paperwork he has.

Reply to
Nathan In Montana

Well the problem was Heat sequencer. He said part was $106 and diag charge $80. But my part was under warranty so part only cost me $55. so total bill was $135 not too bad i guess. He then check out whole system, refrigerant, etc...

suction 60 head 200 volts 246 amps 5.6

ent 60f lvg 52f

ent DB 70 LVG DB 112

thats about all i see on work order.

So what all do you th>> geez nathan, where do you dream up this shit?

Reply to
goodman

where do you live (city/state)? this is important.

Reply to
Nathan In Montana

Who'd a thunk?

You were screwed over royally. Ask for all your money back. You should have gotten a new thermostat. Its almost always the thermostat. New low voltage wiring too. You dont want those electrons leaking out all over the place. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Noon-Air posted for all of us...

Does that involve a lighter and an ice cube?

I studied three days for mine!

Reply to
Tekkie®

Bubba posted for all of us...

You are finally catching on with the wiring - you are teachable.

Reply to
Tekkie®

WIRELESS IS BEST!

Reply to