heat pump kw ratings

I have just read an advertisement that is trying to sell heat pumps-I don't think the brand really matters but they say with 1KW input they can produce 5KW output. Now I understand there is a portion of "free" heat shell we say by the very nature of the system but an extra

4KW seems abit much- So my question would be is this the normal amount expected ie- 1KW in--5KW out. Now I have read the little fine print it says that the input is 1KW (230V/4.3A) but the KW output is in what they term as heat output. Are these two terms the same?

cdd

Reply to
cdd

You need to look at the COP ratings for heating. COP will be lower at colder outdoor ambient temps.

There will be a range like 2.0 - 4.5 with temps from 0 - 65 F

Each unit is rated at 17 and 47 degrees. If you look into the tech data, they will list the complete set from 0 - 65 F

Reply to
<kjpro

Thanks for the info-makes sense-quite suprising how much the ambiant temputure changes the output of the unit. cdd

Reply to
cdd