Gentec

I got a replacement condenser fan motor, old one was a GE and was told Gentec bought the GE motor division.

Anyone know who sells Gentec condenser fan motors

I searched the part # on the GE and Gentec motor and both are the same. HC39GZ002A both also have this # skcp39kf Y140 S

In case it goes again would like to find a place that has them so I could replace it next time, 2 in 14 months is getting expensive on the labor. Thanks

Reply to
mike

mike

Most of the folks who post to this usenet list are tradesmen. So, they aren't likely to tell you where to find such a part. That would deny a brother tradesman a trip charge and labor fee.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And our Chiluns would starve and never own a Mercedes. ;-p

Reply to
Hermann

I found it at a place in Indiana for $161.00, It cost me 1 1/2 hours and $480.00 for the hvac guy to do. take away the motor cost and $319.00 sounded like a lot of profit and taking an 1 1/2 hrs to install it just seems a bit much and way too long. I did do refrigeration work on vending food and ice machines and other small units and 1 1/2 hours to replace a fan is way too long. They were here

3 times, once to see if it was the fan, i told them it was, then again nut they had the wrong fan and then the 3rd time with the right fan. I guess I paid for all the trips. Seems really hard to find someone that really can get the job done right in 2 trips. This is my third hvac guy so I think from here on out I'll do what I can, it sure dont seem it will cost me any more. If i feel i cant or not sure i'll call someone. Unit is just 6 years old and i have spent counting this 480.00 close to $1400.00 in the last 3 years and 2 of the years it was still under warranty for parts only, so i have paid a lot of labor and before long if it keeps up at this rate i could have bought a new unit and now i see the new one's come with parts and labor warranty. I know one think I sure won't buy a Tempstar, should not have to spind that to keep it running. The hvac guy said he thought Lennox was the best made. I do like the guy that came to fix it but i'm just tired of putting money in a junk Tempstar heat pump.

Thanks everyone for your help on this, wish some of you lived around me as most you seem to know your stuff. Thanks

Reply to
mike

Yes, that does sound a bit expensive. Since you already do some wrenching and wiring, it ought not be very dificult.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Not "profit taking", but the cost of running a business. $480 for replacing a fan motor is about right. 1 1/2 hours is a bit long for a resi condenser fan motor replacement.

Unless it was a special application, the guy should have had a motor on the truck. Some of us *DO* carry multi-speed, multi-HP, reversible motors on the truck to keep from having to make multiple trips.

Check last Julys Consumer Reports... Tempstar is ICP

Reply to
Steve

I never like GE product even so in some area it seems to be good

Grumpy

I have never had a problem with a GE motor....OTOH, almost every single FASCO morot I have installed, failed in the first year.

Reply to
Steve

I guess it depend on type and size

Grumpy