furnace question for HVAC guru's....

Not meaning to literally jump in-between you and Mike, however it comes down to this exact phrase that makes the dollar and the world go round;

#1)_"local authority having jurisdiction"_

...and to cover all other litigation;

#2)_"Installed according to manufacturers Instructions"_

This is what is talked about amongst the Polo shirts in the SUVs, while the blue shirts in the pick-ups and vans talk about any/all codes, pussy and the best practices to install something. Not in all cases though. The experienced blue shirts understand the SUV talk as the years go along, but most do not, but that's OK. It still results in very good field work.

Then, when the time is right (learned the above #1 & #2) you'll have a blue shirt become a very qualified job foreman, who knows the right way to install the job AND complete the job within budget and not have to do the job over. Oh, the polo shirts like to hang around the blue shirts for a few minutes every day to talk about pussy and old job war stories.

Add or correct as needed, still on firs cup of coffee. 8-)

-zero

Reply to
zero

Noon-Air posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Only if the local authority makes them so...

Reply to
Tekkie®

They are still laws.... whether they are enforced is another story. Like I tell some of the folks around here....."I have yet to see a code book that says "International Building Code except for Lamar County, Mississippi, USA" and the same goes for the NEC" etc.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Some people just don't get it Noonie, they'd rather perform shortcuts so they can lower their bid to get the job.

Reply to
tech

FYI, Building codes have to be adopted by state and/or local entities to be in effect. CA was very slow in adopting past electrical codes, years late. I remember taking code classes and learning that the codes being taught were not even in effect for the state. Some of the local jurisdictions did adopt before the state and enforced them locally though.

Joseph

Reply to
Joseph

"Roy" wrote

It makes me laugh when some home owner tries to tell me I make too much money. The LAST thing I'll try to do is convince him otherwise. You think I make too much money?? You really think I'm about to let you decide my profit margin?? ROTFLMAO!!!! That'll be the day I drop my prices so I can make you happy by lowering my standard of living!!! LOL!!!!!!

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

I hope you flushed after you pulled all that crap out of your ass.

Reply to
Noon-Air

WOW! That's $768 a day!.....or $153,750 for a 200-day work year......NET!

Jabs

Reply to
Jabs

"Noon-Air" wrote

Uhmmm....just for the sake of clarity, I posted the BOTTOM part of this post, starting at "It makes me laugh", not where it says "Well since I'm not him I can't do that".

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

sorry Bob, that was aimed at Roy.....my bad

Reply to
Noon-Air