furnace question for HVAC guru's....

But you paid $2400 (that 2400 x 3 which equals $7200 'that's $1500 less than you figured) If you are going to hand out a example, at least you could be realistic.

Does the $150 cover any parts of supplies that the technician may need?

$200 are you out of your freaking mind? $3.00/gal gas and a monthly gas bill of $200???????????

Do you realize that it cost damn near $100 to fill up most service vehicles? And that most of these service vehicles average around 10-12 miles per gallon?

Yet another sign of a hack in the making.

Where did that $1600 VS unit go? Is it on special today?

$200 per install, you haven't a clue!

You better wake up before you flood you home with the wet dream you're having.

Reply to
tech

No, because he's making $25 plus an hour (with no headaches). LOL

Reply to
tech

What parts would you like to see?

Reply to
Roy

The whole install.

Sheet metal work Utility hook ups Vent terminations

Chop, chop, lets get this ball a rolling.

Reply to
tech

That job was inspected?????????

By who? Pee Wee Herman?

The list of code violations is long! And you didn't even show the complete installation.

Reply to
tech

Reply to
Steve Scott

"Holesaw? Hell naw! We got one-um dare Saw's-All's!" :-)

-zero

Reply to
zero

Hook, Line and sink :)

Here are the real pics

Roy

18 trips at average 20miles each way = 720 miles at 20 mpg = $120 gas

A used van is

For one guy?

Remember my sample only represents 15 service calls and 3 installs per month and an average of 8 working days. Imagine if the guy worked full time or installed more than 3/month

In all fairness I can appreciate the costs associated with a shop and several employees.

Reply to
Roy

Try about 11mpg. And do you figure 1 trip for each furnace install? All of the equipment and misc materials just show up?

$1200 annually doesn't begin to cover replacement and new acquisitions for a single tech.

Huh? So you're talking about a moonlighter. I thought you were talking about someone in business. My mistake.

Most of the costs exist whether you have one or several employees. In fact, the per man hour OH costs are GREATER with one person than several. The base on which to spread the OH over is much smaller.

Reply to
Steve Scott

for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo

I bet he didn't even get a reach around.

Reply to
Al Moran

Work like that has got to make a guy proud.

He will be lucky if the one-man hacker doesn't see these pics on the world wide web and file a libel/slander suit against him for displaying this work.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

That's not much better:

Used old gas c*ck No required drip leg Union is installed wrong PVC hangers, they add a nice touch :-( Did he rub half of them in the mud before installing them? Cuts stud to run condensate, true sign of a hack! What's up with the vent terminations? Sheet metal must look like shit, the aluminum pressure tape sure does. :-(

Do I need to go on? I think not, come back in a few months when it breaks down so we can say "we told ya so" LOL

Reply to
tech

So a one man band isn't supposed to get sick, or have holidays or retirement or medical/dental??? Don't forget that the one man band pays 28% of his income to the feds and another 3 - 5% to the state. Gee that $15/hr just turned into less than $10/hr.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Drain trap?? we don' need no steenkin trap.

Reply to
Noon-Air

guru's is the posessive form. Guru's what? Guru's dog? Guru's computer program?

gurus is the plural form. More than one guru.

Anyhow, I did have a glance at that slide show. My sense is that install wasn't really done in accorance with the instructions. I saw a couple things wrong, and I'm sure other folks will see more than I saw.

Christopher A. Young You can't shout down a troll. You have to starve them. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I don't doubt that for one minute! LOL

Reply to
tech

Yes, I want to hear it all

Thanks for the comments, see mine in your text

Nothing seriously wrong though.

Reply to
Roy