Exhaust fans and attic ventilation questions

Presently, my two bathrooms have exhaust fans venting straight into the roof attic space. I do not believe that my roof has any ventilation system at all. I am concerned that this may promote unhealthy air which filters down into the living areas below. Are these concerns valid?

I am considering installing ducted versions of the exhausts fans which exhaust air outside through the roof. Or I could install a draught stopper version of the exhaust fan to prevent air from coming down from the roof. I would also like to install some sort of roofing ventilation like those twirling whirlybird ventilators. Would these address the issues above?

Chris

Reply to
ChrisW

I say go for the twirling whirlybirds.

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

I would vent the fans to the outside, not let them blow in the attic.

Vent> Presently, my two bathrooms have exhaust fans venting straight into

Reply to
Abby Normal

I think those are pretty worthless.

Reply to