Control Wiring for Make Up Air

I am renovating my kitchen and have added a 600 cfm hood fan. Local codes required a make up air system to be interlocked with the furnace. Because I live in Calgary Alberta I was also required to have heated make up air.

My system consists of a heater and a device that opens and closes.

I need some help on the control wiring for the system. Please note that I am not planning on doing the 24V wiring myself; I just want to make sure I understand what I am asking someone to do.

When the hood fan is turned on I need the heater to turn on; the flapper to open and the furnace blower to engage.

  1. Is a current sensing switch (on the dedicated hood fan circuit) the best way to tell the make up air system to turn on or turn off?

  1. Is there a current sensing switch that can control both the 240V (for heater) and the 24V circuits?

  2. Can any electrician do this type of wiring or do I need someone that specializes in HVAC systems?

Thanks!

Reply to
matheson_adam
  1. Is a current sensing switch (on the dedicated hood fan circuit) the best way to tell the make up air system to turn on or turn off? CY: No, I'd just tap power off the fan, and use that to run a transformer. Why bother with a current sensing relay when you have 110 volt power?

  1. Is there a current sensing switch that can control both the 240V (for heater) and the 24V circuits? CY: Why bother? Use a relay since you have the 24 volt signal.

  2. Can any electrician do this type of wiring or do I need someone that specializes in HVAC systems? CY: I'd vote for a HVAC guy. Cause the HVAC guy would be more likely to understand ducts, air flow, filters, and a few other factors.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Is it just a coincidence that you posted almost the EXACT WORDS of PJM less than 10 minutes after he answered the question?

Not only are you a slime.....Not only are you a magic underwear wearing mormon.....Not only are you a hack of the first water, you are a plagiarist as well.

Reply to
-Hate