contractor licensing

Interesting how many states like SD, NY and some others have no hvac license requirements. That explains a lot.

Reply to
The King

In TX you have to have a license to send out incompetent HVAC help. They need to certify the installers, not the company that sends them out.

Reply to
olddog

Yep, that's one problem.

Reply to
KJPRO

I think if the wholesalers would stop selling to just anyone [look at the internet for example] it would clean out a lot of [bootleggers.]

Reply to
Zyp

People are in business to make a profit... some don't care what it takes to make a profit. Cut corners, crappy work, cut one job to get it while ripping the next guy. Untrained people replacing equipment that isn't bad.. the list goes on and on. It's the way most companies operate.. it's a sad world we live in. It's cheaper to replace than to train employees.

Reply to
KJPRO

Amazingly enough I have had a South Dakota License since they came out in 1993. The test takes an entire day just for the masters and a half a day for the contractors and you don't work without both. Minimum requirements are 2 years of Votech or college associates in same... 4 years apprentice. 2 years Journeyman and one year masters. Tell me again what your resume is? I have held a Minnesota Boiler and HVAC license for many more years then that. My Engineers registry goes back a few decades in several states. I think you are getting senile and miss not being able to ride your motorcycle any longer.. So you make a lot of wind and a lot of very ignorant and stupid trolls here. By the way, I cannot find your license registry. I don't think it exists and what I told you about not holding an active contractors while another contractor is responsible is very true and you are a liar.

Reply to
Don Ocean

Texas only got licensing a couple of years ago. They also have a special Electricians license for HVAC contractors so that they are no longer blackmailed by the Electricians.. Thats a really great Idea. The fines are staggering for those that get caught without a license though. As for their people being incompetent.. There is no excuse for that if true.. They have statewide training seminars that are cheap or free and very frequent. Read "Air Conditioning Today" sent free from New Brunswick Texas.. A very well written monthly journal. How many more wild allegations are going to be aired here anyway. By the way..Each state has its own licensing procedure and do not honor each others licenses. Isn't Bobs Veteran Service in New York.. I doubt that New York is not licensing every trade and has been for years. Both Dakota's license everything nowadays as does Minnesota. Iowa has licenses, but many ignore them as there is little if any enforcement..Same with Nebraska. Wyoming and Montana will merely soot you if you f*ck their job. The Canadians are so damned glad to get a service person that they honor all licenses and will encorage their daughter to marry you. The closer you get to Mikeys state the looser things get. Desperation I guess.

Reply to
Don Ocean

Strange we have had 2 companies put out of business by having their licenses lifted in the last five years. Climate Masters(Big) and Hustadts(9 service guys).

Reply to
Don Ocean

When a distributorship like Johnstone supply etc have a many $million inventory... They are in the business of moving product and they don't really care who ponies up the cash. You get the best wholesale by being a mass product buyer. Do you even have a clue as to how much these guys end up eating of having a cutrate sale each year. Reality is Reality. If I owned stock in any of these.. i wouldn't want it any other way.

Reply to
Don Ocean

I just saw a survey of companies across America that are cutting training and reducing hiring as a part of their cost cutting programs. That is all industries. These are the big companies.. Which tells me the small companies with trained and experience people have a good opportunity to take a lot of business from these guys as they are also cutting back on advertising.

Reply to
Don Ocean