Bev Air Salad unit

This unit has a new compresser, cap tube and a clean condenser. Uses R134A, won't go below 45 degrees. It has a weighed in charge and the temp control is fine. Suction line is cool not cold. Any ideas?

Reply to
lytning

Try asking in alt.home.repair

-zero

Reply to
-zero

Yeah, you're fuqued. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Did you vacuum out the air, before weighing the charge? Might be a bunch of air in the system.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon (on backup com

Stormy (you stupid hack on backup brain) He should not be using a shop vac to vaccum out the air. He should use the right tools for the job unlike you you hack. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Yea had Vac pump on it for 3 hrs. Replaced strainer with a dryer.

Reply to
lytning

*** It has a weighed in charge***

***Replaced strainer with a dryer.***

Think about it. You've just answered your own question. ;-)

-zero

Reply to
-zero

Everybody knows you need a 16 gal, 2 HP shop vac. Can't you say somthing constructive for once?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon (on backup com

What's the pressures, temps, super heat, and sub cooling?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon (on backup com

Ive said it over and over and over................. Rock Head Bash. Do you need a diagram? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Hi side about 150 low side about 15. Cap tube system, can't get at it to check super heat. Thinking about converting it to a txv system but with a 1/4 hp compresser i would never find a small enough valve.

Reply to
lytning

You're stupid.

Reply to
<kjpro

Salad unit sounds like you want 35F or so, to keep the salads cold but not frosty. With those pressures, it sounds like it&#39;s not metering enough refrigerant. I&#39;m wondering if the cap tube is too small, or too long.

Are you converting what was formerly a R-12 system? 134A needs a larger cap tube ID, as 134A doesn&#39;t carry as much heat. Maybe try a R-12 replacement blend like 409A, which runs in R-12 systems.

Low side 15 sounds a bit low, as though the system was starving.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon (on backup com

"Stormin Mormon (on backup computer)" wrote in message news:4707985a$0$32549$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com...

....wow!

This is all just a Technical I.Q. test, Stormy. That&#39;s all. Regardless of what other troubles are or are not present.

First he said,,,

*** It has a weighed in charge***

and then he said,,,

***Replaced strainer with a dryer.***

The clues are asterisked.

Here, let me help.

What event has happened to prevent accurately charging via refrigerant weight anymore, and why?

-zero

Reply to
zero

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

Yep, nowadays with plastic surgery we CAN fix ugly. But still... nothing for stupid.

ISTR, Carolina Breeze tried to go out of his way and help him a few years back. Phone calls/conversations and all. Didn&#39;t go well.

-zero

Reply to
-zero

Steve loaded heaps of crude language on me, via usenet. I finally filtered out his posts. He&#39;s never talked to me on the phone. If he did the crude language on the phone, I&#39;d have to hang up on him.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon (on backup com

CB called you out as the Hack that you are... Plain and Simple.

Reply to
<kjpro

Reply to
Mr.Tony to you

Not sure what happened to CB...I have been looking for his posts. I will say that he went out of his way to help me out. I was stationed in Korea and had a new unit installed in Va. He sent me several emails and answered questions for me and really helped. I would like to hear from him again just so I can offer him my thanks.

Reply to
komobu