Best brand, model for forced air gas furnace?

What do the pros put in? Variable speed? 2 speed? single stage, dual stage? Brands and Models? This is for a new house, 1900 Sq. ft, main floor, over an unfinished basement, and a 900 Sq. ft. half story/loft/bonus room that is open to the main floor, in Northern Utah.

Reply to
UtahBill

Steve Scott

Different brands and types are appropriate for different parts of the world. I'd suggest to call several local heat contrators, and see what they reccomend. If you're doing the job yourself, please consider Goodman. They will sell to anyone, and parts are more likely to be available.

The guy I worked for installed nearly exclusively Rheem Contours.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The better Goodman models when installed in a proper duct system will perform well and longterm. Many factors are critical to efficient and long lasting performance.

- udarrell

Reply to
udarrell