adjusting the limit and control setting

I have a wood stove add on to my fuel oil furnace. I think I might need to adjust the limit and control settings because the house is not keeping warm even though a very good fire is built and being maintained. What is the recommendation to set the limit and control setting when extremely cold outside. I also want it to be safe.

Reply to
Dee

Since there's not a lot of activity on the ng this afternoon, I'll give it a stab.

Is your wood stove big enough to give enough heat in this weather? How big is your house, how many btu the furnace? How cold out is it? Where are you?

I don't know much about this but I thought limit switches were all about safety and shouldn't be changed.

That still leaves, iiuc, two more settings, but it seems like other things should be looked at first.

Do you have forced air, or a boiler, or what? Does the heat circulate all the time, or does it stop somehow even though the air at the thermostat hasn't reached the thermostat's temperature setting.?

Reply to
micky

Perhaps the thermostat is in a cozy shielded warm place (which it should not be) and you spend your time in a drafty area. Maybe some weatherstripping came off but it affects the thermostat last.

Reply to
micky

Basic crucial information is missing about your setup.

Does the wood stove have an air feed from the outside? Or is it sucking all the warm air out of the rest your house?

How is the warm air from the wood stove supposed to get to the rest of the house?

Where is the thermostat located in relation to the wood stove?

Reply to
terrable