Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

heating/air in garage/shop
I have been lookign around at used heat/air conditioners for my garage/ shop. It is not used all the time, mainly on weekends currently. It is a 30x30x10 metal building with 2x4 walls in the inside...
13
13

Service Roundtable
Leaving for the New Orleans Roundtable in about an hour. Service Roundtable is a great resource for business and tech information. Its well worth the membership. I have been a member for a couple of...
4
4

Obama's Tax on Rainwater
Sources??
16
16

Home ac having problems - freon doesn't seem to be circulating
Have a Trane central system installed in 88. Model T V030 A140A0 When I last ran the A/C a few months ago it seemed to be working fine. Usually when it fires up, you can hear a...
77
77

opinions
Been working on a chiller fixing leaks with 5 six cly Carlyle's on it. O6EF's 299 310 compressors pretty good size. Pulled the top head off number two compressor to replace a leaking gasket and my...
11
11

decision on 2 Payne units
I am about to start an 3 ton central AC in my 1500sq ft Ranch, I have all the wiring run and poured the pad, I am going to get a Payne unit question I have is the HVAC tech who is going to braze the...
11
11

New Air Conditioner
Oscar... are you serious??
4
4

Business for sale
Anyone interested expanding my company is for sale end of May, 2010 Average yearly gross income 200k for past 5 years What I do check Web site --- news:// - complaints: ---
4
4

Gages included with purchase
Johnstone has a deal. Buy a 25 pounder of 410a, and the include a set of gages with price. I've got to get started with that new stuff, and seems like a good way to get going.
13
13

Carrier furnace blower motor
Hi, In need of part no. for motor. Weather maker 9000 series WAV58 is furnace model. Any help appreciated. TIA,
22
22

new central AC installation
I have a question on a new central AC installation. presently I have a ductless system that failed after 5 headache years, question I have is where the present condenser for the ductless system is...
8
8

The thing I love most about this trade
Is.. Out smarting the tech reps. I don't often call tech support because usually they don't end up helping much. The latest case in point is on a GP regulator. Currently I'm working at an auto...
1
1

ping: Paul. your vans are getting around...
Upper west side Manhattan: _____________________________________________________ Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]
2
2

attic question? vent or seal?
Hi guys. My wife and I are in the late planning stages of building our new home. I want it to be as energy efficient as possible. We are having a slight disagreement. We are going to use galvanized...
10
10

Heat pump locked up, call tech or not?
Last evening my outdoor unit didn't start when the air handler in the attic did, it just hummed. Usually a bad sign, right? I looked up the phone number for our HVAC guy, made a note to call them in...
28
28