Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Urgent National Weather Service Warning
A buffalo warning has been issued for Central North Carolina. No actual buffalos have been sighted, but the conditions are ripe for buffalo formations: the deer and the antelope are playing, never is...

Identify a mystery noise
Noise is a loud thump at 1 second intervals, above the frozen food section of the local supermarket. Is this a normal sound for some type of equipment? or a warning of impending failure? This is just...
7
7

Heat wave continues
It's 90 degrees again, in NYS. I need the work, but the heat is wearing on me.
7
7

Carrier/Bryant heat exchanger class action
I'm re-posting this to alt.hvac Dan Lanciani wrote:
8
8

Serial killer could collect $1,600 monthly disability
Serial killer could collect $1,600 monthly disability pension even while on death row By: Mark Hemingway Commentary Staff Writer 08/24/10 11:25 AM EDT There lots of outrageous stories about people who...

Mini mag saved the day
Mini mag! Saved the day. At church, we had a wet spot on the wall. Turns out, one of the over head air handlers, the drain clogged. The water got into the wiring, and so the light in the mechanical...
5
5

cool the boat?
It has only been 110 for 30 days now... I'd like to adapt an inexpensive window air conditioner to built-in. The first step was to make a door for the companionway for the AC unit to sit in. It worked...
15
15

Turns out my BIG furnace filters are unnecessary?
Question for the group: I moved into a house with a 1990s Lennox whisper heat furnace. The installed filter is the 4" thick kind, not the usual 1" kind. So I've been paying 30 bucks every six months...
36
36

A bit cooler
It was up in the nineties, for a couple months. Now, more like the eighties. Who else wants an Indian summer, and another heat wave?
1
1

How Are We?
How are things? What is the sort of thing being discussed here these days?
8
8

Fired a customer
Of course, there are some customers who are verbally abusive. Some who don't pay the bill. Some want the job super cheap (which ends up being unsafe). Who, here, has fired a customer?
18
18

Slow list
Not much action, here. Everyone been busy replacing capacators and so on?
14
14

OT me in sturgis
Riding up Lazalle st a photog took this pic. It was a good run this year over 4K miles. Pic is of me, my traveling companion and my steed. Good times....
2
2

OT - for geeks - freeware personal web proxy server
If you don't know what a HOSTS file is, read up on it. DL this jewel and use it : thing automatically updates from various published 'Hosts' files ( if you tell it to ) every day, and blocks not only...
2
2

Friedrich Window Unit Has A Mind of Its Own!
It cools just fine, but I'm having 2 problems with this unit: Model KS15L10 - 14,500 BTU 115v. Using it in a 500 sq ft living room, facing north. I can't seem to control the temperature. A setpoint of...
11
11